Where & When
Airtoberfest 2020 happened Friday, October 16 - Sunday, October 18. Attendees began arriving around 12:00 noon Friday and departing around noon Sunday. The Friday evening hamburger and hotdog dinner was enjoyed by all and got the event off to a great start!
Airtoberfest is a gathering of friends who like motorcycles, food, beer (German Oktoberfest-style beer along with any and all other styles!), live music, and Fall camping. Airtoberfest is typically organized around the Time Machines Vintage Motorcycle Show at The Volland Store in Alma, KS. Unfortunately the 2020 show was been canceled. In spite of this cancellation The Airheads of Kansas proceeded with our annual Fall campout.
All this fun took place at The Volland Store - 24098 Volland Rd, Alma, KS 66401
Register for a place to camp, access to The Volland Store kitchen, access to the restrooms and showers, and use of the Blacksmith building for a Swap Meet! Alma, KS is about 8.5 miles east of The Volland Store so picking up any last-minute essentials is quick and easy. Wamego, KS is 22 miles north on Kansas Highway 99, and Manhattan, KS is about 27 miles north on Kansas 177. So, if you forget anything you aren't at all far from anything.
Friday, October 16
- Members begam arriving around noon. The coffee pot was full (until it was empty, then it was filled back up)!
- Setup camp and get reacquainted with friends and The Volland Store itself
- We had hamburgers and hotdogs hot from the grill for dinner
- We had several a coolers for beverages
Saturday, October 17
- Saturday Morning Breakfast was provided by Gail Webster (Thanks Gail!) and coffee was from Oddly Correct in Kansas City
- Saturday's lunch was at El Corral in Alma
- After lunch there was some riding but lots of storytelling and other fireside shenanigans
- Dinner was beef chili and chicken mole provided by Club member Andy Badeker. The chicken mole was a BIG hit!
Sunday, October 18
- The coffee was flowing and we had biscuits & sausage gravy for breakfast courtesy of Club member Mike Spickelmier
- We broke camp, policed the grounds, and headed for home around noon