Where & When
Airtoberfest 2022 is schedued for Friday, September 16 - Sunday, September 18. Attendees may begin arriving around 12:00 noon Friday and plan on departing around noon Sunday. Friday's dinner will be hamburgers and hotdogs from the grill!
This will take place at The Volland Store - 24098 Volland Rd, Alma, KS 66401
Airtoberfest is a gathering of friends who like motorcycles, food, beer (German Oktoberfest-style beer along with any and all other styles!), live music, and Fall camping. Airtoberfest is typically organized around the Time Machines Vintage Motorcycle Show at The Volland Store in Alma, KS. Unfortunately the 2022 show has been canceled. In spite of this cancellation The Airheads of Kansas will proceed with our annual Fall campout.
Email for a place to camp, access to The Volland Store kitchen, access to the restrooms and showers, and use of the Blacksmith building for a warm place to drink coffee and tell tall tales! Alma, KS is about 8.5 miles east of The Volland Store so picking up any last-minute essentials is quick and easy. Wamego, KS is 22 miles north on Kansas Highway 99, and Manhattan, KS is about 27 miles north on Kansas 177. So, if you forget anything you aren't at all far from anything.
Friday, September 16
- Arrive around noon. The coffee pot will be full!
- Setup camp and get reacquainted with friends and The Volland Store itself
- We'll have hamburgers and hotdogs hot from the grill for dinner
- We'll have a cooler for your beverage of choice so please bring something to wash down dinner!
Saturday, September 17
- Saturday Morning Breakfast is TBD and coffee will be from Oddly Correct in Kansas City
- Saturday's lunch will be at El Corral in Alma
- After lunch there may be some riding and lots of storytelling and other fireside shenanigans
- Dinner destination will be a group decision. There are good places to eat in Alma, Wamego, and Manhattan!
Sunday, September 18
- The coffee will be flowing and we'll have some form of breakfast TBD
- We break camp, police the grounds, and head for home around noon